You can decrease your risk of catching COVID-19 infection by following these recommendations:
- Stay home except for essential needs/activities.
- Practice physical (social) distancing, which means stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live in the same household as you.
- Wear a face covering when you leave home.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or use liquid hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub hands together for 20 seconds until dry.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you touch daily. If they are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water before disinfection.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth without washing your hands first.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue.Wash your hands afterward.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home and away from people if you have symptoms of Covid-19 like: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, etc.
- If you smoke or vape, consider quitting. Smoking and vaping causes harm to the lungs.
- Follow the advice of public health officials.
The most important thing you can do is to AVOID gatherings in social, work, and family situations.